After 14 years and nearly $40m, we are CELEBRATING the completion of the Te Awa – the Great New Zealand River Ride!
- Sunday 26 March – from 11am to 5pm.
- Ride Te Awa between 10-3pm
- Garden Party, prizegiving and other entertainment is at the Hamilton Gardens from 3:30pm
- Along the full 65km of Te Awa from Lake Karapiro to Ngaruawahia!
- The garden party is on the Rhododendron Lawn at the Hamilton Gardens.
- 27 stations will be set up along the 65km of Te Awa for you to tick off on Sunday 26 March (between 11am and 2pm)!
- All stations open between 11am and 2pm
- Pick up a passport from your first station and take it with you to as many other stations as you can.
- You’ll collect a sticker from each station you get to – and the more stickers you collect, the more entries you’ll have into the draw to win your share of over $13k in spot prizes – including two eBikes!
- We’re holding a Garden Party along with Gourmet in the Gardens and loads of other fun stuff, together with the prizegiving from 3:30pm at the Hamilton Gardens.
Find out what’s
happening at the stations!
From e-bike tours to facepainting to free ice-cream, there is plenty happening along the trail!
Click the button below for the latest giveaways and offers from each station!
Catch a Shuttle!
Riverside Adventures will be running FREE SHUTTLES throughout the day from their Shuttle pickup/drop off points – these can help you get to those outlying stations that might be a bit far for you to get to!
Hamilton Gardens to Ngaruawahia
- Depart Gardens: 10am, 12pm and 2pm
Arrive Ngaruawahia: 10:40, 12:40, 2:40
- Depart Ngaruawahia: 11am, 1pm and 3pm
Arrive Gardens at 11:40, 1:40, 3:40
Hamilton Gardens to Velodrome to Karapiro
- Depart Gardens: 10am, 12pm and 2pm
Depart Velodrome: 10:30, 12:30, 2:30
Arrive Karapiro: 10:45, 12:45, 2:45
- Depart Karapiro: 11am, 1pm, 3pm
Depart Velodrome: 11:30, 1:30, 3:30
Arrive Gardens: 11:45, 1:45, 3:45
How To Get On Board
- Email, phone or pop in to see the team at the Riverside Adventures shop inside the Grassroots Velodrome.
- We advise people to pre-register for the shuttle services, or try your luck on the day!
- Keep an eye on the Riverside Adventures Facebook page for availability updates
List of Stations
There are 27 stations between Lake Karapiro and Ngaruawahia – with loads of giveaways for those who head along to them!
Stations are open from 11am – 2pm
- Marketplace – Durham St Precinct
- River Riders – Durham St Precinct
- Lower Waikato Esplanade
- Breaking Bread Cafe
- Perry Bridge
- Te Awa Lakes
- Braithwaite Park
- Ann St
- Fairfield Bridge
- Boundary Bridge Jetty
- Roose Commerce Park
- Yendell Park
- River Riders – Hamilton Gardens
- Hamilton Gardens
- Hammond Park
- Mangaonua Bridge Picnic Area
- Punnet Cafe
- St Stephen’s Church
- Hooker Road Entrance
- Porritt Picnic Area
- Owl Farm/Picnic Area
- Hooker/Velo T-Junction
- RDA Cambridge
- Gaslight Theatre
- Karapiro Berry Box
- Podium Cafe
Collect stickers from stations along the 65km of Te Awa and be in to
WIN OVER $13K
IN SPOT PRIZES!
What do I do with my Passport when I’ve collected my stickers?
When you head along to the Garden Party, pop your passport into the bike basket that will be set up on the Rhododendron Lawn. Look for the old fashioned bike and basket!
How does the prize draw work?
- The number of stickers you collect = number of entries you have into the prize draw
- Your name will be entered into our spreadsheet as many times as you have stickers
- Our computer will choose the winners in a randomized draw
- You must be present at the Gardens to be eligible for spot prizes
Can I bring my dog?
Absolutely! We welcome pooches on all sections of Te Awa (have even provided a few swimming spots for them!). But PLEASE keep them on a lead – a wayward roaming hound, mixing with bikes, scooters and other users is not ideal!
What if it rains?
We are game on – rain, hail or shine! Will re-evaluate with any cyclone warnings though.