Grab your wheels & winter woollies and join us for a walk or ride on the lit-up Te Awa River Ride!
- Saturday 29 July
- Food trucks from 5pm, Te Awa open from 6pm
- Lights off at 8.30pm!
- Te Awa River Ride – Gaslight Theatre, Alpha St, Cambridge
- Approx. 2km section (one way) from Gaslight Theatre towards the Velodrome and back
- Te Awa like never before!
- Parts of the 2km section will be lit up after dark, creating a unique Te Awa River Ride experience
- Walk or wheel a 2km stretch of Te Awa from Gaslight Theatre
- Food trucks at the start/finish and half-way hot chocolates will have you forgetting altogether that it’s bedtime – and it’s winter!
- All those on bikes must have lights!
Where can I park?
There will be no parking at the Gaslight Theatre – so we would love as many of you as possible to walk/ride your bikes down to the start. If you’re in four wheels rather than two, on street parking is your option.
Will the whole path be lit up?
No – only certain sections. And remember, there are no street lights on Te Awa so the bits in between will be dark!
I’m biking and don’t have bike lights, does this matter?
Yep! Only parts of the path will be lit up and some will be PITCH BLACK! So for obvious safety reasons, everyone must bring lights!
If you don’t have any, head down to the good sorts at EVO cycles and they’ll sort you out!
I am walking – do I need lights?
Yep! Only parts of the path will be lit up and some will be PITCH BLACK! So even if you’re strollin, not rolling, for obvious safety reasons, everyone must bring lights! Head torches, torches, lights on phones are all totally acceptable!
How long is the course?
The Light Night course is approx. 2km (one way) starting from the Gaslight Theatre and finishing at the new Boardwalk/bridge (don’t worry, you don’t have to go up the steep hill to the velodrome!)
Is the Light Night a race?
No – just a cool chance to get together with your mates and family and enjoy our amazing Te Awa River Ride like it’s never been seen before!
How much does it cost?